Skip to main content
Town of Dover
Facebook icon Twitter icon Instagram Icon
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
37 North Sussex Street Dover, NJ 07801
Phone: 973-366-2200
Police/Fire/EMS 24/7/365 Dial 911 for Emergencies


The Form Center provides you access to an online repository of documents & forms available immediately for viewing or printing. Adobe Acrobat is required to view and/or print most forms.

“Get Adobe Reader”

Code Enforcement
  • Certificate of Compliance
  • Complaint
    • Complaint
      Use this form to file a Code Enforcement complaint. Form is to be completed and delivered to the Code Enforcement Department.
  • Other
    • Certificate of Registration
      “NJSA 46:8-28 Certificate of registration” requires that, in the case of a one-dwelling unit rental or a two-dwelling unit non-owner occupied premises, a landlord shall, at the time of the creation of the first tenancy in any newly constructed or reconstructed building to file this completed application with the Town of Dover. Also, an amended Certificate of Registration must also be filed within 20 days after any changes in the information contained in the last Certificate of Registration.
    • Change of Mailing Address
      If you have moved and need to update your mailing address, please fill out this form and return it to the Code Enforcement Office.
    • Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program
      Financial assistance is available for the rehabilitation of owner-occupied one-family houses to assist residents in the removal of unsafe conditions in their dwellings, such as plumbing, heating/energy, electrical, lead- based paint, roof, structural, siding and wall masonry, exterior painting, interior improvements and premise repairs. Funding is provided under the local Rehabilitation Program. To be eligible for assistance, applicants must meet federally recognized income guidelines
Construction (UCC)
Dover -Victory Gardens Shared Municipal Court
  • Driveway / Off Street Parking Permit
  • Engineering
    • Map of Dover
      Map of how to get to Downtown Dover,Town Hall & other places of interest.
    • Sump Pump Agreement Form
      This form is to be used when directed by the Engineering Department, to establish conditions by which a sump pump discharge will be permitted to insure that the discharge does not create a public nuisance at the time of installation or in the future.
  • Street Opening Permit
    • Street Opening Permit Application Package
      Any disturbance within the Town of Dover Public Right of Way requires a Street Opening Permit. This download includes the Application, Agreement, Bonds, Inspection Requirements and Details necessary for making an application for a Street Opening. Completed Forms, Bonds, Certificate of Insurance and Application Fees should be hand delivered to the Engineering Department.
Office of the Municipal Clerk
Planning & Zoning
  • Planning & Zoning
    • Application Fees & Escrow Deposits
      Land Use and Zoning Application Fees and Escrow Deposits (Revised 07/10/18)
    • Certificate of Historic Review Application
      This application is for anyone making changes to the exterior appearance of their building or property and the property is in the Blackwell Street Historic District. The proposed work must be approved by the Historic Preservation Commission.
    • Development Checklist
      Planning Board & Board of Adjustment Checklist of items to be submitted with a Land Use application. (Rev. 7/11/18)
    • EWSP Application
      Expedited Waiver of Site Plan (EWSP) application form. (Rev. 12/22/2010)
    • Land Use Application
      Planning Board & Board of Adjustment Application Form for Subdivision, Site Plan and/or Variance
    • Land Use Code
      Chapter 236, Land Use and Development - Includes legislation adopted through 09-27-2016. See amendatory Ordinances to date under "Planning & Zoning Department" web page.
    • Master Plan Documents
      The Master Plan Elements can be downloaded from this link.
    • Steep Slope Development Restrictions
      Zoning criteria for restricting development on undeveloped land containg steep slopes
    • Stormwater Management Plan
      This document is the Stormwater Management Plan Element of the Master Plan adopted by the Town of Dover Planning Board on April 27, 2005
    • Zoning Map
      Revised 01/08/2018. This Zoning Map is Full Size (24" x 36") in PDF Format.
    • Zoning Permit Application
      Zoning Permit Application required for a zoning determination or for the construction of a new structure or addition,shed, fence, or sign. The Zoning Permit application must accompany the Construction Permit application. Zoning Permits/Certificates are also a means of extablishing the conformity of an existing or proposed use, structure or property with the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Dover.
    • Zoning Table
      Zoning Table showing the bulk requirements for each zone. (Last Amended 06/02/2010)
    • Development Fee Payment Form
      Development Fee Payment Worksheets for both Residential and Non-Residential Developments for Housing Fund of COAH low and moderate income housing opportunities assistance. Required with Construction Permit Application.
Recreation, Arts and Cultural Affairs
  • Recreation
    • Facility Use Application
      If you would like to hold an event at one of Dover's parks, click on the Facility Use Application link above to review the application. Complete the application and submit with the proper fees to the Recreation Department. If you have any questions concerning availability of a park, completing the application, fees, etc., call the Recreation Department at 973-366-2200 x1169 or x1168.
    • Formulario para Aplicación de Voluntariado/Español
    • Volunteer Registration Form/English
      If you would like to volunteer to assist with Recreation events, please complete the Volunteer Form and submit to the Recreation Department.
    • Athletic Code of Conduct
    • Summer Program Counselor Employment Application
      If you are 16 years of age and would like to work with children, want a fun summer job, a place to be creative and want to make a difference, then complete the application and return it to the Recreation Dept. to be part of a great program!
Water Commission